Saturday, July 11, 2009

Updated blood counts

He went down from this morning, but I'm still trying to be positive. Here are the counts:

WBC 0.3
RBC 1.56
HGB 4.5
HCT 135
PLT 11,000

You can go to this website to get an idea of where they should be:
http://www.bymyside.com/infection/understanding.jsp

Right now Bob and I are in nuclear medicine and they are doing a GI bleed test. Where they can find out where the bleed is coming from. (not that they can do anything about it). But it makes me angry. When I brought bob into the hospital 15 days ago, why didn't they do this test then, before the damn chemo?? Why wouldn't they fix the bleed before chemo started? I know hindsight is 20/20, but I would think they would have addressed this if he were at Dana Darber or something.

Also, coincidentally I ran to the store while Bob was sleeping and there it was in front if Winn Dixie: the blood mobile. Now if I didn't at least try to donate I would be a hypocrite. They said I didn't qualify for 12 mos because bob and I went to Honduras, but they did say that I could hold a blood drive in Bobs honor and any blood collected will go to him. So I am going to place a call on Monday and arrange for a drive at both my office and Bobs.

I hope Bob's counts go up and they find the source of the bleeding. Keep up the prayers for bob, he's not out of the woods yet,

Michele


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. michelle tell Bob we are with him in our thoughts and prayers. i have been getting updates from Chickenhawk but now he has sent me your blog i then relay to Louie who doesnt use computer. but we are here for you guys.
    sincerely Louie and Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele - I wanted to tell you in case doctors are not that the chemo takes your numbers down to rock bottom, and Bob is in the phase where they are on tear down now, they take good and bad cells. Soon, not sure of exact date his body will start to go on the up swing and make cells again and when they start they go up. I am going through same thing here after my chemo, minus the bleeding. My counts wbc count last Wed was .24 and now today it is .96 or 960. My platlets were at 7 and transfusions were needed to get me threw but now they are in 50's all on their own with time, and I wont need anymore transfusions. I have been in my history down to 1 platlet and bleeding. I feel so bad for you and I hope the doctors explain these things to you, Bob had the awful complication of bleeding and ICU, but it is good that they see where it comes from, it was not there to look at when you started, chemo causes weird things. I know I don't know you, but I have history with the disease and want to help if you need it. I am feeling well and even if you wanted to talk I could, I just know what you are going through.

    This too shall get better, you are very strong both of you and this disease is no easy thing to understand or go through, I don't want to overstep any boundaries, but want to let you know I am feeling well now and if you need to talk, I can help. I hate that I have a history and am living it again now, but knowledge is good and I love to help others like I was helped when I was diagnosed and throughout the process.

    Keep the Faith!

    ReplyDelete