Monday, July 20, 2009

Endoscopy scheduled for this am

Family and friends

Its Monday morning and I got a lot of concerned emails from people yesterday wondering why I didn't update the blog. Pretty much everything stayed the same yesterday and during the day my parents invited Bobs whole family over to their new house for a cookout. We had a great time with my future in laws but were disappointed that Christopher couldn't attend.

As far as Bob is concerned, they decided to add diprovan to his cocktail of sedatives. I'm not super happy about them giving him the "Michael Jackson" drug, bit they have assured is it is safe. Unfortunately Bob has continued to bleed and more frequently, but fortunately they say that his blood counts are up high enough that they can do an endoscopy this morning. The GI doc said he's not sure if they do find something they will be able to fix it however. And that Bob could possibly have small bowel ischemia but they are still hoping it is just ulcers. For all the people that are following his blood counts, they are the following: 8.0 for red (down from 9 - this is from the bleeding), white at 3.2 and platelets up to 88,000.

I reluctantly signed the waivers for the endoscopy just now. They will be doing the procedure at 10. Then I have to go back to work. I am hoping since I had to take last week off as vacation because Bob is in the ICU, that Fannie Mae is understanding. They told me before I left they would be.

That's about it. I'm really nervous about this procedure this morning. Please say a prayer for Bob.

Love and thanks
Michele
Ps. Alot of people have been asking about where they can send cards and donations if they are not set up on Paypal. You can mail them to our home address:

5138 Aurora Lake Circle
Greenacres FL 33463
to can send it attn Bob or myself. Thanks again for all the continued donations everyone has been so generous and it is so appreciated.


-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. We are keeping you and Bob in our prayers. Give Bob a big hug for me and take one for yourself too. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete