Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Four liters


Family and friends,

Yesterday's dialysis was a success, in the fact that they were able to drain four liters of fluid from Bob's body. His kidney function is still down so they will have to repeat the dialysis again today. As far as his blood counts are concerned, I'm happy to report that his red blood is at 9.8 and platlets at 40,000. White blood cells also jumped from .2 to .7

Bob is still sedated and fought another fever last night. I got a little angry with the nurses because the air conditioning in Bobs room is broken and it was 78 in there. Our normal a/c is set at 68. No wonder he is so damn hot. I had the nurses put in a work order so we'll see if they can fix it today.

Thanks again to everyone for everything. All the kind words, prayers, and stories about how Bob touched people's lives means so much.

Michele

PS. Sorry I don't have a photo on my computer from Bob and the guys up in Ohio. I will look for one (in all my spare time) and try to post one soon.
-- Post From My iPhone

8 comments:

  1. Hang in there Michele!! He's a fighter and we are all praying for him everyday!! Alot of my friends that are scared of needles decided to donate blood this week after hearing about the amount of blood Bob has needed!! They are praying for him as well!! We love you guys very much and we are looking forward to the day when we can watch you and Bob say "I DO"!!
    Love, Christy, Tim & Nicky too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the fight going Bob - I have all the confidence in the world that you WILL make it down the road they call success. I am really glad to hear the Dialysis was a success. I am seeing the progress so I know you are fighting. Be strong!

    I'll keep the prayers coming for You, Michele, Chris, and the Fam.

    You Bud,

    Jay


    Michele - I cant thank you enough for all of this. I Appreciate it, I think about him everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like things are headed in a positive direction. That's great. You all remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to hear the better news. we pray for continued good news. Say hi to Bob for us... keep fighting.

    Julia and Matt Ladewski

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay strong Bob, we're all thinking about you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news.... keep fighting the good fight Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! ed,bob, and lance....holy cow.

    hope your doing just a little bit better. DEREK said to tell you hello, and pass on his well wishes. two guys im training useing what you taught me wish you well also. they have only read about you though, when your better ill make sure to introduce you all. hang in there....woody

    ReplyDelete