Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Didn't get a chance to write last night....

Family and Friends,

Had a sort of rough evening, Bob didn't need any blood or platelets again, but they did do a liver ultrasound. Although it came back okay, they are keeping a close eye on his liver and kidney functions because his blood count is so low. (And his eyes are still yellow) I asked the doctor about trying to feed him with a tube, but she said there would be too many complications, so it's imperative that Bob eats as much as possible. The diarrhea has been an ongoing issue as well. He had more Ensures, a vanilla shake from BK and he actually ate breakfast yesterday. So I think he's moving in the right direction. He had an issue with his pic line in the fact that they can no longer draw blood from it for testing. They are having to draw blood by sticking him again and he's getting bruises all over his arms. Lastly I emailed over to Dana Farber again to the head of adult Leukemia to talk to him about both Bob and his mom having Leukemia and how rare that is genetically. I am waiting for a response. That's about it. Please keep the emails and comments coming, I read them to Bob daily. He gets the bone marrow test on Wednesday so keep your fingers crossed. This test will tell us how successful the chemo was at eradicating the cancer cells.

Michele

2 comments:

  1. My suggestion is to just eat anything you can eat, in small nibbles throughout the day, chemo kills those tastes buds for a while, they do come back and you will feel like eating. First time for me it was sweets tasted ok, now it is salty and spicy. Just to keep your stomahache full will help you to feel so much better. This is the time to eat what you want - literually.

    PICC line issues, oh I had so many, if you need help you can email me privately through my blog and I could help you.

    Hang in there- prayers for a clean biopsy and keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this blog through Dave Tate's journal at elitefts. Although I don't know Bob, I read every new entry here and I'm thinking about him. Cancer has been in my family several times and I friggin' hate it with a passion. Tell Bob to treat food like PR's. If he had one BK shake today, break that record tomorrow with 1 and 1/4!
    I look forward to reading good news on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete