Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon, still no blood loss!

Family and friends,

It's Tuesday afternoon and knock on wood, Bob still hasn't lost any blood. I spoke with the pulminologist this morning as well as the infectious disease doctor and they both said Bob was heading in the right direction. A few minutes ago I finally tracked down Bob's GI doc and we set up the camera pill for his intestines for Wednesday morning. It should take 12 hours to get through him and then they'll have video. Even if it doesn't show active bleeding, it can at least show them possible trouble spots for the next round of consolidation chemotherapy that he'll need in a month or so (he's still in remission but they do a short round of chemo as a precaution). As soon as the camera pill is done they'll start weening him from the ventilator and hopefully he'll be breathing on his own by Sunday. He'll still have the traech in for a month or so until he's fully healed. Finally, we are hoping that Bob and his son Christopher can be reunited soon. Christopher has been anxious to see his dad and I know seeing Chris would really lift Bob's spirits. Hopefully we can get that done this weekend too.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been sending me emails. I promise that I have read each and every one of them and unfortunately because I'm working full time and going back and forth from the hospital 3 times a day and keeping up with the blog I just don't have the time to write everyone back. But I am reading them all and I appreciate all the kind words and prayers everyone is sending!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!
Michele

3 comments:

  1. Truly wonderful news. I am hoping and praying for
    Bob. My girlfriend went through AML which then became CML and it was such a fight the entire way. Just know there are many of us out there pulling for you and Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad things seem to be going well for Bob lately! We are still praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Michele:

    You dont know me, but I am the mom of one of Cindi's friends (Tricia). I have been sending Cindi comments but felt I should leave you one also. I am soooooo glad Bob is doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    I also wanted to thank you for keeping this blog going, as I dont talk to Cindi but I worried about her brother thru this. Your blog helped me and MANY others keep up-to-date without having to keep asking. Thank you....

    One more thing, I wanted to say you did a WONDERFUL job on this blog and you are a great writer. You knew just what information to share and how to state it. I hope whatever job you are doing now involves writing. If not, you should write a column for a magazine or a newspaper. 8-)

    Here's to a full recovery and 100% remission forever. And here's to many wonderful years for you two together.

    ReplyDelete