Saturday, August 29, 2009

Still waiting on transfer...




Dear family and friends,

I have been very frustrated with UM and Bob's transfer. We are still waiting on a bed for him at Jackson Memorial and they are not too friendly in the admitting department there. I really hope that we are making the right decision with regard to transferring him.

For the good news, Bob is getting around so much better! He is now able to walk with a cane and use the restroom on his own. It is definitely giant strides from 2 weeks ago where he could barely lift his hands. We are working on trying to put some weight on him now.
Also, I bought Bob a belated birthday gift. He got a blackberry, so he's able to read his email again (at least temporarily until the chemo starts) and he also has access to his facebook page.
Finally, I'd like to say a big thank you to Mike "paper" Stutchner. He participated in the IPA Power Station Pro-Am last weekend and wore a shirt that said "lift strong for Bob Youngs". I just one of them in the mail. He had all of Bob's powerlifting friends sign it. I am going to give it to him today and hang it on his wall in the hospital. I really think it is going to make him happy and lift his spirits.
I promise I'll write more when we get to Miami. Bob's friend Dave is coming on Sunday to help me and I know we'll have a lot to write about.

Love and thanks,
Michele

1 comment:

  1. that is the coolest picture ever! aside from the one of bob walking out of there for good.

    ReplyDelete