Saturday, August 29, 2009

R.I.P. Renegade 1998-2009

Family and Friends,

Yesterday was a very sad day for our family. My sister's dog Renegade had to be put to sleep. He was 11. Although he was my sister's dog, my whole family felt like he was all of ours. I remember when my brother-in-law Tony brought Ren home to my parents house for the first time. He was such a cute puppy! He tried to bite my toe, and when he ran, he would always fall over because his head was so darn big!! He reminded me alot of the movie "Marley and Me". He was a big dumb dog that did stupid things sometimes, but we all loved him nonetheless. He would never bite anyone, possibly lick you to death. My dad loved Renegade most of all. He'd go over to Lori and Tony's house with a pocket full of dog treats and Ren would drool all over the place. My dad would hide the treats throughout their house so Rene could find them. Renegade was 125 lbs and died do to complications from hip displaysia on his hind legs. Renegade was a great dog and we are all going to miss him.

I know this blog is about Bob's recovery, and I'll write about that next, but I needed to say this about Renegade. With everything that's been going on, the loss of him really affected me yesterday.



Love and thanks,
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment