Friday, August 7, 2009

The squeaky wheel gets a 2nd camera pill...

Family and Friends,

I really think I've missed my calling, I should probably be a patient advocate or hospital adminstrator or something. After hounding all the doctors yesterday about the camera pill not working and them giving me a story about the GI doc being on vacation, somehow I got a hold of him and they set up a new pill for this morning. The doc said that the pill itself was a dud so I guess the sales rep for the pill gave them a free one. So the bottom line is the second pill got inserted this morning about 8:30 and all is well. Bob spent his first night last night off the ventilator and he did fantastic. His blood pressure and heart rate are good. He's just coughing up a heck of a lot of mucus from the yeast infection in his lungs. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty gross and I feel bad for him. But I can see that he's back to his old self finally. They are giving him atavan for the anxiety and they changed his antibiotics to see if that was affecting his platlet levels. He is watching ESPN, still can't talk, but is starting on day 2 of physical therapy. He's got a long road ahead of him, but it looks like he's made it over the hump.

Keep on praying for him.
Love and thanks,
Michele

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that neither of you have left my prayers for a second, and I'm so thrilled that Bob is off the vent! Yes, there is a long road ahead, but to have come this far is an amazing milestone! Michele, keep on with what you're doing and driving for answers and action--every cancer patient needs someone like you in their corner! Now that Bob is awake, please tell him I said to have faith and keep his eye on the finish line, from one AML survivor to another.

    Blessings from Detroit--Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to hear that Bob is getting better! It may be a long road, but he's lucky to have you on the journey with him! Thanks for the prayers for my gram as well. Give all our love to Bob!
    Christy, Tim, Nicky & Uncle Rich and Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete