Monday, August 17, 2009

My birthday wish...


Family and friends,



As most of you know, today is my 35th birthday. (Thanks by the way for all the phone calls and emails!!) I spent yesterday with my family which was nice, and my mom and dad as well as Bob's parents came down to the Cleveland Clinic to see Bob. I think that made him very happy. Today they are doing the camera pill and it's really amazing to see how much he improves day by day. My biggest birthday present was Dave Tate, one of Bob's closest friends from elitefts.com he came down late last night and is going to watch over the nurses while I'm at work this week. That is going to be a huge help!




Bob's big PR yesterday was that he walked the length of the room without the nurses help and only the use of a walker. His physical therapy is getting better each time he does it - and now he's got Dave to work him out as well. We're still waiting on the wound care nurse to come and look at Bob's gaping wound on his backside. They promised me this morning they'd get on it. If they don't, they'll have Dave to contend with!!




I'll update more when I find out how the results of the camera pill went as well as the slides from pathology. Then we'll know how they're going to proceed with the bleed.




Love and thanks,
Michele

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to drop an hello to both of you. I have been offline for a few days, so I've just caught up on the progress of the weekend. Congratulations on the safe transfer and the GI docs that are on the ball, but so sorry to hear about the less than stellar nursing. Also sorry to hear that they don't have a dedicated oncology unit--that is strange, especially since CC is supposed to have one of the best cancer centers in the country. One would guess that those services would be available at other campuses without having to go to Ohio.

    Both of you keep praying and staying strong!!! You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. :)

    --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the progress Bob - keep up the fight. We're all here still pullin for ya.

    Happy Birthday Michele..


    Jay

    ReplyDelete