Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 1 of Round 3 chemotherapy finished

Family and Friends,

Day 1 of Bob's chemotherapy is finished and I must say that Bob is in good spirits. His counts before chemotherapy started were higher than they had ever been, 335,000 for platelets and hemoglobin at 11, his white count was in normal range as well. Bob has had no fevers in the past week, but has suffered from a screwed up internal temperature system. He's got the thermostat set at 65, and yet he's sweating through all his clothing. The doctor said it could be a side effect from the chemo, but as long as he's not showing a temperature everything is okay. They tested him again last night for MRSA in his neck area. I'm assuming it's going to come back positive again. Other than that, Bob's in good spirits and the doctor said as long as things go well, they can get him out of the hospital as early as Saturday which would be great!

Please continue to keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers.
Love and thanks,
Michele

10 comments:

  1. i don't know if hes still on vanco. but when i was on it i had the temp fluctuations and i had light hallucinations too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll be in my thoughts as I help in the fight against this disease.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob - you don't know my husband or myself, but we've studied under Alwyn & Rachel Cosgrove. We know you are going through a lot with the Leukemia right now and we are praying for your recovery - stay strong! Robs brother and my former boss are both survivors as you will be too! In health, Shannon & Rob Yontz

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi bob

    alwyn and my fitness coach ben dearman called me after i had surgery for breast cancer. alwyn told me i was on his team now and his team NEVER loses. i am a survivor and you are too.

    keep the faith elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bob,

    Alwyn Cosgrove is my husband's best friend and a brother to us both. He told us that you were fighting cancer and passed along your blog address. I can't imagine what it must be like to fight against cancer so I won't pretend to, but try to stay positive as I know with Alwyn that sure helped.

    I just wanted to tell you to stay strong and hang in there. You will be in my prayers.

    Patti Adams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to send some positive thoughts and well wishes your way. Hang in there.

    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lost my mother to cancer 8 years ago. I hope and pray you stay strong and pull through. All you can do, and all you SHOULD do is focus on the positive. I know it's hard, but that's life. You more than most know what life now means. Thank you for being a true role model in today's society, and please keep fighting. God bless you always.

    -Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending positive thoughts your way Bob. Know that you have people rooting for you all around the country (and world!) via this crazy thing called the Internet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bob hope you will be ok stay strong

    Geir Norway

    ReplyDelete