Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bob taken to emergency room

Family and friends,

When I got home from work today I went to pick Bob up from his parents house. When I got there he was complaining he was nauseous. We took his temperature and it was 101. I called his oncologist and she wanted us to immediately bring him into the ER. She said because he's on antibiotics he shouldn't be getting a fever and if he is that it can't be good. We are sitting in the ER room right now, they've done a million blood tests and so far his platlets are at 20,000 (normal is between 150k-450k) and his white count is at .3 we are awaiting the rest of the tests. In the meanwhile they have him a chest xray, IV fluids and gave him vancomycin. I'm very worried about Bob and will stay with him as long as it takes


until they get him stable. Please keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers tonight. He's going to need it.

Love and thanks,
Michele


-- Posted from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Bob's fought so hard thus far... I know for a fact he's gonna keep fighting it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you both right now!! We are saying lots of prayers!! Nicky loves the shirt and wants to make you both a special card to say thanks!! You and Bob have so much going on right now and yet you took the time to do something nice for Nicky!! That is why we love you guys so much!! You're wonderful people!! Stay strong, just another hurdle!! It's not the finish line yet!!

    All Our Love,
    Christy, Tim, Nicky and Uncle Rich & Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry--you are both in my constant prayers. Again, part of the roller coaster that comes with HiDAC treatment, but that isn't at all to minimize what is happening. Bob obviously has a neutropenic fever linked to some kind of infection, which is an EXTREMELY scary situation. I'm assuming he has been admitted inpatient by now. Without going into details, I had two of my ER visits turn into horrible situations, and I'm here today--just giving you both some hope and faith that this is another complication that can be conquered!!! Keep faith and know that you have a ton of prayers coming from everywhere, even when you feel too weak to talk to God yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete