Friday, September 4, 2009

Bob possibly coming home MONDAY!!!

Family and friends,

I don't want to jinx it, but the doctor said that if Bob can show that he's not actively bleeding and it's safe for him, she's going to let him go home on Monday!! His counts dropped a little bit today, but that was to be expected. He's having a lot of joint pain and has his last day of chemo today. Please wish him well!

Bob's friend Dave left us today to go back to Ohio. He was such a help to me during this week, watching Bob while I worked. I cannot thank him enough!

Please keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers and I'll update his progress over the weekend. Have a fun and safe Labor day!!

Love and thanks,
Michele

5 comments:

  1. Lets do it Bob!! I know you can..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the possibility is great news. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are progressing so well! I was wondering what the latest was, then realized I had my bookmark set to the August feed. :)

    I hope Bob was able to avoid the spinal tap. I never personally had to have one, but I've heard it isn't as painful as a marrow biopsy. I'll say a prayer that it all turns out okay.

    Also, very excited about the "Lift Strong" apparel and the proceeds going to LLS--awesome! Tell Bob's friend that another AML survivor appreciates the support for blood cancer research more that I know how to express!!!

    Hugs from Detroit--Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this just made my day. You're in my prayers, Bob. I'm sure you'll be home in no time. Stay strong.
    Brett "Roy Munson"

    ReplyDelete