Monday, January 4, 2010

Update from 1/3 by Bob

Sorry for not posting in a while. Life has been crazy with my son on Christmas Break. Well, I was supposed to start my rehab program last week, but had to push it back to starting tomorrow. There were a couple of reasons:
1-My feet were killing me and I couldn't do pushups without being in tremendous pain. I spent most of the week walking, doing toe raises, self massage on my feet, and just plain moving my toes as much as possible. I had been having trouble with the middle three toes on both feet since I got out of the hospital. I had reduced feeling and they hurt. The pushups were brutal. After talking to Michele, I think the reason is how I was positioned in the bed. Keep in mind I was in a coma for three weeks and couldn't move for a couple of weeks after that. Well, my feet would end up just wedged in the end of the bed. Anyway, my feet are feeling much better.
2-I had my bone marrow biopsy on last Monday. My hip was killing me for the majority of the week. For those who don't know what a bone marrow biopsy is they basically stick a really big needle (16 gauge into your hip and then scrape around until they get enough marrow to perform a sample. It really sucks.
3-I have had my son almost everyday for the past two weeks. I wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world and we had a great time. He is very understanding that Dad needs to stop and rest. But, even with the help of Michele and my parents, Christopher still wore me out pretty good. But, we had an absolute blast. I think we both needed all that time together. It had to be real hard on him when I was in the hospital. Especially when I was in a coma. But, he was mature well beyond his six years. He seemed to know all along everything was going to be okay.

I get the results from my bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. I'm really nervous. Everything points to the results being I am in remission from my blood work. But, I am still scared as hell. Not sure I will be able to sleep tonight. I'll let you know the results tomorrow.

Thanks,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment