Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Monday Dec 28, the first day of training - by Bob

I had my final bone marrow biopsy this morning. It hurt like heck, but I am glad it's done. I get the results next Monday at 8:30. I spent the rest of today with Chris playing Wii Nerf and running around. We had a good day overall. We are going go to sleep over at Grandma and Pop's house tomorrow night. He is all excited.I did my first "workout" on my way back to being healthy again.I walked for 20 minutes at Walmart. I need to walk for 20, so I figured I would see if there were any post Christmas specials that caught my eye. I left with a machette, some underwear for me, and wife beaters for Chris. I'll try and get my 20 minute walk in everyday and I'll increase it 5 minutes per week over the next 4 weeks.Michele and I then did our lengthy strength training session of:Pushups: 1x5Body weight squats: 1x5I'll do this Monday thru Saturday and increase a rep each day. The next week the reps stay the same for the days but I add a set per week for four weeks. Thanks to Alwyn for sharing his rehab program with me. The pushups kicked my ass (as hard as that is for me to admit).

Thanks,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment