Monday, November 2, 2009

Bob out of hospital, doing well after surgery

Family and Friends,

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. As I said in my last post, Bob's surgery went well. That Friday I really noticed a difference in Bob's voice. He was speaking much deeper and not whispering at all. But then Saturday (most likely due to the fact that the swelling went down) Bob was back speaking in a hoarse whisper. He is going back to the ENT surgeon Thursday or Friday this week to have the stitches removed and once it's healed they will begin vocal testing to see the extent of the damage to his vocal cords. I am hoping things will get better with time.

As expected, Bob got out of the hospital on Saturday afternoon. He was in good spirits and insisted that he walk out of the hospital rather than get wheeled out. (He was very stubborn about this). In addition, he also insisted that I get him a costume for Halloween so that he could trick or treat with Christopher, Bob's uncle Tom, and myself. I went out and bought us matching pirate costumes and Bob was a real trooper. He walked his butt off and let me tell you it was hot as heck. Like 85 degrees, so hot that we had to bring poor Christopher home to change out of his polyester costume and into a RedSox t-shirt and shorts. We all had a fanstastic time on Halloween. I will post photos later.

Bob and I went to his oncologist this morning so that he could get a check up and a Nupogen shot. His counts are actually pretty good today and he didn't need any blood. He'll be going back every day this week for more shots and follow up. I also got a call from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Palm Beach wanting me to participate in their Woman of the Year. I have to call them back today. Bob's doctor was the one that nominated me and I was very honored that she'd think of me.

I will keep everyone posted of Bob's progress throughout the week. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Love and thanks,
Michele

1 comment: