Monday, November 23, 2009

Bob is back at Elitefts.com and answering questions...


Family and friends,

Bob made his first public apperance yesterday at my neice's 1st birthday party. His white blood counts were high enough that he could fight off infection of 25 germy 2-5 year olds. Everyone was thrilled to see him and alot of people didn't recognize him with hair and long sideburns. (The picture I'm posting does not do him justice).

Bob is back in the hospital this morning for his last round of chemotherapy. He was very anxious to get there just to be over and done with it all. (I can't blame him). 6 months of this fiasco and I'd be anxious to get it over too! Anyway, as most of you know Bob is very active in the powerlifting community and for the last 7 years or so has been a fixture on the Q&A and logs at elitefts.com. Bob is finally strong enough to reintroduce his log. Here is a brief exerpt:

"Hi Everyone!For those who don't know I was diagnosed with leukemia in June of this year. I have been under going chemotherapy for the previous 5 months. During that time there have been some complications. To the point where I was read my last rights and my family was told twice I wouldn't make it through the night. My fiance, Michele, has been keeping a blog from the start of this and it can be found at:Bob Youngs - Cancer Blog The reason I am doing a log now is in an effort to promote the Lift Strong line of clothing Elite Fitness Systems is offering. I am going to chronicle my last week of chemo and then my rehab. I am hoping to bring more awerness to the EFS community."

If you are interested in either reading Bob's blog or asking him a question on the Q&A you can do so by going to http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?tid=61&__N=Bob%20Youngs

Bob will be missing Thanksgiving this year because he will be in the hospital but everyone is going to come and visit him and he's expecting an extra special dinner prepared by his son Christopher. Please continue to keep Bob in your thoughts and prayers.

Love and thanks,
Michele

3 comments:

  1. Miss ya Bro!! Hey Michelle miss you too!! Tell Christopher i said hello..

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuzzy on top with the side burns is awsome!!! straight out of the 70's...im glad your getting better man. hang in there! michelle your AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are almost to the finish line. Here's to a successful and uneventful final HiDAC treatment! I wish you both a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    When treatment is over, I will be interested in reading your thoughts/feelings on rehab... :)

    ReplyDelete