Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lots of news for Bob Youngs and Day 6 of Chemo

Dear Family and Friends,

Lots of news today... some good, some not so good. For the good news - Bob and I are engaged! That really caught me off guard and I never in a million years thought I would be proposed to in a hospital! Of course I accepted... Apparently he asked my Dad for his permission while my Dad was visiting him this morning. Now for the not so good news, Bob's had a pretty rough day today- by far the worst day yet. He's in a severe amount of pain, and really didn't have the energy to even sit in the chair today. His pulse is also high, he's laying in bed and it's at 152, and they just did some imaging of his stomach to make sure everything is okay. Earlier this morning they had to give him another blood transfusion as well. Bob asked me to spend the night in hospital tonight for the first time just to keep an eye on him.

Thanks again for all the prayers and keep the comments and emails coming,
Michele

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement. It sounds like you are such a source of strength for him. Take care of yourself as well.

    I pray that both stay strong and keep hope. When our boys were in the NICU I found a quote that I kept close to my heart and I will share it with you..."Where there is great love, there are always miracles"

    I hope it brings you as much comfort as it has brought me.

    Take care and God Bless, Karen Burrows

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, congrats!!

    We are still praying for you, Bob and your family!! God can heal!!

    Julia & Matt Ladewski & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Engagement!!! .. My prayers are still with you each and every night. You have a big heart, i know you can get through this. See ya soon bud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your engagement, prayers for smoother days for Bob.

    ReplyDelete