Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 2 of Chemotherapy

Dear Family and Friends,

Today is day 2 of chemotherapy and so far, things are not as good as yesterday, but not horrible either. Bob is a little more nauseous and I didn't help things by mopping his floor with anti-bacterial wipes. (I was trying to get his room as sterile as possible, so he won't catch anything...) I'll know not to do that again....

I went to Bob's office this morning to pick up some of his personal effects (photos, his glasses, etc...) everyone there was fantastic, and it was great to see everyone again. Also, I dropped off the paperwork to put Bob on short term disability.

Other than that, not much new to report. My mom and Bob's mom stopped by this afternoon to visit him and drop off some candy and cookies (candy to bribe the nurses, and cookies for him). Also some much needed Gatorade.

That's about it. Bob said he was a little disappointed with Burn Notice last night, he didn't think it was as good as usual. He is also in the process of trying to find out if he gets TBS so he can watch baseball during the day. Finally for all the powerlifters out there, you'd be happy to know that Bob is maintaining a daily workout: He walks 4 times a day around the wing!

He wanted me to tell everyone a huge thank you for the comments you've been posting.

Michele

4 comments:

  1. Bob,

    I know we haven't talked since I was at EFS, but I still think about how Dave structured my training because he wanted me to out bench you when you came up for a visit. As I've gotten older, I realized your log was the first to put powerlifting on the back burner and focus on your health for your family. Smart thinking as so many have followed you. My wife and I will pray for you, Michele and Chris every day. Fight hard and know that you've got a lot of people out here praying for you.

    Matt Bash and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,

    You've never met me or know my name, but I'm an avid reader of EliteFts and was deeply saddened by the news of your leukemia, all I can say is that I'm sure you'll get through this eventually although I'm sure it'll be tough, stay strong and you are in my thoughts big man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    I've read news of you leukemia on Elitefts.com and I'll keep you im my prayers. There's a big fight ahead of you but I'm sure you'll come out victorious and stronger than ever.

    Stay strong, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 times a day walking?? way to go! ;) probably more cardio than you've ever done! ;)

    Still praying for you, Bob!!

    Julia & Matt Ladewski

    ReplyDelete