Friday, April 16, 2010

100 days of remission!


Family and Friends,

Last night I took Bob out to dinner to celebrate his first 100 days of being Leukemia-free! I think we were both very excited to get out of the house and enjoy. I wanted the waiter to sing happy anniversary for Bob, but he would have no part of it. LOL

Things are going well, Bob's oncologist is on maternity leave and I'm a little disappointed with her replacement. I asked Bob to ask to have the head doctor as his oncologist, but Bob isn't that kind of guy so he got stuck with the new doctor right out of college. He's okay it's not like they are doing anything major right now except for checking Bob's blood once a month, but the new doc managed to screw that up so far. Now it's not the new guy's fault that the blood machine at the office was broken, but he took Bob's blood and mailed it away for testing and never bothered to call Bob back with the results. Bob takes this as meaning "No news is good news". I on the other hand see it as someone dropping the ball and I'm going to call just to make sure everything is okay.

On the Woman of the Year front, I'd like to thank everyone that has donated so far through the website, and Dave and Traci Tate of elitefts.com for creating the Lift Strong line of apparel for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'd also like to thank Alywn Cosgrove, who always seems to motivate Bob right when he needs it and to everyone else for their support. I have a few other fundraisers planned for the next month. I'm hoping to partner with the Melting Pot in Boca for a "Cheese for Charity" event, and then do a PartyLite Candle fundraiser as well. If anyone else has any ideas, please please let me know. I'm not much of an event planner and so far the only ideas my friends have come up with involve strippers and gambling. (Don't' ask - all I can say is the name of the events were supposed to be called "Strip away Leukemia" and "Don't Gamble with your life")

Finally, Bob and I are taking Christopher this weekend to go camping down in Ft. Lauderdale with my parents. We will be at TY Park off Sheridan and 95. It should be fun! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Love and Thanks,
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment