Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blood in perspective. Thanks Alwyn & Kim

Family and friends,

I'm going to admit I was a little disappointed this morning when the progress wasn't as much as I'd hoped. But I got a call from Bob's powerlifting friend alywn who put things in perspective. He said "you have to look at it like Bob has gained 20% since yesterday and that's fantastic". Then he told me that although the numbers seem low for an average person, they are within range for someone going through Leukemia. Kim also said the same. Both Kim and Alwyn have both gone through this themselves so their perspective is invaluable. I definately needed to hear it.

As far as the blood donations are concerned, I don't think you can specifically donate in Bob's name, but you are paying it forward. If you want, you can donate and send him a card to let him know you did it in his name. Our address is:

5138 Aurora Lake Circle
Greenacres, Fl 33463

Thanks again to everyone for evrything.
Michele

Ps. I spoke to the doc. She's great. She said she's fighting for him tooth and nail. She's willing to give him an unlimited supply of blood products as long as he can take it. ( I also put up a big thank you sign in the room with an 8x10 photo of Bob and Chris to humanize Bob to the nurses and have them go the extra mile. I think it's working). Also they fixed his picc line do the blood is coming into him faster so he can get more which they are very happy about.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment