Wednesday, December 9, 2009

From Bob 12/6, 12/7, 12/8

12/6, 12/7, 12/8
I'm sure you are getting sick of me telling you I feel like crap and I'm tired. So, I won't. I'm going to show you my blood work. Basically chemotherapy is poison and it "re-starts" your bodies production of healthy blood. The problem is there is a lull until the re-start happens. This is a time where I am very immuno compromised and have little energy. Here are the normal ranges for a healthy persons blood work:

White Blood Cells (WBC): 4.1-10.9
Granulocytes (Gran): 37.0%-92.0%
Red Blood Cell (RBC): 4.20-6.30
Hemoglobin (HGB): 12.0-18.0
Platelet (PLT): 140-440

My Blood work on 12/7:
WBC: 1.3
Gran: 8.7%
RBC: 2.72
HGB: 8.0
PLT: 9.0

On this day I had to get 2 units of packed red blood and one unit of platelets transfused. So, I spent the day in the hospital getting blood.

Blood work on 12/8:
WBC: 1.0
Gran: 38.9%
RBC: 3.25
HGB: 9.3
PLT: 19.0

My blood work is starting to come around. My Oncologist thinks my body is starting to produce it's own healthy blood slowly now. So, I don't have to go to the doctor tomorrow. I go again on Thursday. I may even get my Picc Line taken out, which I have had for about four months now. I can't wait to get it out. You can Google Picc Line, but it's basically a central line that has three lines sticking out of my arm for IV attachment. I have to shower with my arm wrapped in plastic wrap until I get it out. I'll check in again tomorrow.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment